Compact reed bed filter to treat raw unsettled domestic sewage (French system). Capacity : 315 people equivalent. Design and build : Epur Nature -2014.
Bilhères en Ossau
- In operation since: 2015
- Type of wastewater treated: Domestic
- Type of wastewater (other): domestic
- Hydraulic load: 47 m³/day
- Organic load (PE): 315 PE
- Organic design load (kg BOD/day): 19
- Location: Bilhères en Ossau
- Client: Municipality
- Stage 1 type: French system
- Stage 1 surface area (m²): 386
- Stage 2 type: Vertical flow, saturated
Reed bed filter wastewater treatment plant for domestic sewage in a steep environment with limited available land.
The system stacks a primary vertical freely drained filter treating raw unsettled sewage (french system) on a water-saturated secondary filter. Capacity : 315 people equivalent.
Reduced footprint for this reed bed filter treating raw sewage (french system). Good performances of treatment. No electricity is required for feeding which is made through a self-priming siphon.
Final outlet is made in the brook "L'Arrioubeigt".