Intensified (aerated) wetland for wastewater treatment of 800 employees at the administrative center of a mining company, situated near Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
Conception: 2 Septic Tanks for pre-treatment, aerated wetland as main treatment and horizontal flow constructed wetland post treatment.
Wetland project and execution by Rotária do Brasil, Landscaping only execution by Rotária do Brasil.
- Adapted „French system“ for a nursing home, Hogar de Ancianos Sta. Ana y San Joaquín y Asociación Ayuda Me Perú
- All treated wastewater is reused for irrigation of agricultural used area
- The 2 staged wetland system treats the domestic effluent of 55 residents and employees
- The pre-treatment is carried out on the surface of an planted, vertical flowed gravel bed wetland with 2 charging points, used alternately (2 and 2 days)
- The post-treatment is carried out in an planted vertical flowed sand bed wetland with 4 divisions to maintain always the biologically activity in all parts of the wetland
Design, Construction and Operation and mantainmance by Rotaria del Perú, online monitoring by SCADAweb
The municipal centralised treatment plant (a classic activated sludge technology) for the wastewater produced by the municipality of Jesi (Ancona province – central Italy) has been upgraded in the year 2002, with the realisation of a new “nitrification-denitrification” compartment and a hybrid Constructed Wetland as polishing stage.
Saint Sulpice la Foret : a 1000 PE waste stabilization pond boosted to 1950 PE by addition of reed bed filters. A 2,400 m², vertical flow reed bed (French system), a 1,950 m² second stage vertical flow, unsaturated plus a 10,000 m² of willow plantation and a 5,000 m² pond treating 400 m3/d of domestic effluent.