Two stage vertical flow treatment plant designed for 4000-6000 p.e.
GWT Gold Sponsor @ Wetpol2023
Don’t miss GWT presentations at this year’s
10th International Symposium
On Wetland Pollutant Dynamics and Control
10 – 14 September 2023 | Bruges, Belgium
Chiara Sarti, Anacleto Rizzo, Riccardo Bresciani, Fabio Masi, Alain Petitjean, Ania , Jan Schuetz, Flor , Vaidotas and Dr. Jaime Nivala (keynote) will present work which has been authored or co-authored by GWT members.
Nègrepelisse 4000-6000 p.e.
One of the largest and most efficient wastewater treatment plant with french system reed bed filter in France.
Nominal capacity : 4000 p.e. with an extension to 6000 p.e.
- In operation since: 2009
- Type of wastewater treated: Domestic
- Hydraulic load: 720-1080 m³/day
- Organic load (PE): 4000-6000 PE
- Organic design load (kg BOD/day): 240-360
- Location: Nègrepelisse, Departement of Tarn-et-Garonne (France)
- Client: Com de Comm. Terrasses et Vallées de l'Aveyron
- Stage 1 type: Vertical flow, non-saturated
- Stage 1 surface area (m²): 800
- Stage 2 type: Vertical flow, unsaturated
- Stage 2 surface area (m²): 600
Integration of existing ponds, high outlet quality required for a discharge into the river, sustainable development
French system 2-vertical flow stages of treatment integrating the existing ponds.
The plant discharges into the river a water quality similar to that released by the usual intensive treatment processes with operating costs twice as low, a markedly lower carbon impact and a greater reliability. The integration of the initial ponds into the treatment process improves nitrogen and phosphorus removal during summer time. It offers landscape preservation and a reduction of non renewable energy consumption as well as greehouse gases.