Cecchi Val delle Rose - Winery
French VF+ HF + FWS treatment plant for treating the wastewater produced by the winery
- In operation since: september 2012
- Type of wastewater treated: Agricultural: winery
- Hydraulic load: 40 m³/day
- Organic load (PE): 1500 PE
- Organic design load (kg BOD/day): 90
- Location: Val delle Rose Grosseto
- Client: Azienda Agricola Val delle Rose
- Stage 1 type: French system
- Stage 1 surface area (m²): 900
- Stage 2 type: Horizontal sub-surface flow
- Stage 2 surface area (m²): 900
- Stage 3 type: Free water surface flow
- Stage 3 surface area (m²): 300
- Cost: 280.000 €
In 2010, the construction of a new winery of Cecchi Group began in Val delle Rose near Grosseto (Italy); the client, that has just a constructed wetland for the treatment of wastewater in his main winery, wanted to continue in this direction conserving a great attention to environmental issues and permitting the reuse of treated water for irrigation.
The system consist of what is called a “French scheme”, which is composed of a vertical subsurface flow systems for raw wastewater (VFRBF), followed by a “classical” horizontal subsurface flow as second stage; to storage water for irrigation reuse, a little FWS with a final pond was realized.
The CW system, compared with other technical solutions, has almost the same intervention cost but maintenance costs significantly lower; the operation of the plant is followed by the same worker staff of the winery, without need of unskilled labour. Reuse in irrigation is another focus of the project, in a region of tuscany traditionally affected by water scarcity.