The system treats the grey water of 40 ecological houses. The treated water is collected and redirected back to the family homes for toilet flushing.
Polderdrift - Arnhem
Vertical flow wetland, 75 PE for an ecological housing project in Arnhem, the Netherlands.
- In operation since: 1996-09-27
- Type of wastewater treated: Domestic
- Type of wastewater (other): grey water
- Hydraulic load: 10 m³/day
- Organic load (PE): 75 PE
- Location: Arnhem, the Netherlands
- Client: Portaal
- Stage 1 type: Vertical flow, non-saturated
- Stage 1 surface area (m²): 230